Saturday, November 25, 2017

Freebie at Beccy's Place

     Today I'll have 2 posts for you, both for cards I've done in the 30 Days of Holiday cards at Beccy's Place.  Last year I missed playing altogether but this year I've been able to do a card for each day.  Beccy has been using the letters of the alphabet as daily themes, with a couple of curves thrown in since there are only 26 letters in the alphabet but 30 days in November.

     Yesterday was one of the 'curve' days and we are to use one of the freebies on her (massive!) list of freebies found on her Challenge Blog.  Just check the tabs at the top of the blog.  I used Mop Hat Cat.


     I know she isn't necessarily a Christmas image but she reminds me of my own Grammy who always baked apple pies for every winter holiday occasion and lots of times she baked one just for the family's Sunday dinner, with no need for a holiday.  Best Grammy ever and my blog is named for her!

     Because I had very limited time for this one, I used a pre-colored image, cut it with a rectangle die (Spellbinders), punched the corners with a hand punch (Fiskars), and added the image to a red card blank.  The plaid ribbon is some I picked up at a local crafting store (on sale!) and the candy canes, holly, and bow are all hologram stickers.  The "Noel" sentiment was printed and die cut (QuicKutz)  using the out-of-the-box technique.  Fast and easy card made with things easily found in local stores, inexpensive and extras are easily taken home and put in the stash.

     Challenges:
Allsorts (Noel)
Beccy's Place
Crafting with Friends
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Extra
Morgan's Art World
Outlawz Festive Friday

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

6 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is wonderful and who knew a cat would look adorable in a mop cap! Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! It's the CHRISTMAS kitty! look at the shine on those shoes and apples! so cute! Very imaginative and a wonderful card, Connie! xx

Beccy said...

What a wonderful memory you have of your Grandma NC, you must have been very close to her. Your card is beautiful and I think the Mop Hat Cat works perfectly for a Christmas card, it even looks as though she's dressed for the occasion. Well done.
Cheers,
Beccy

Ellibelle said...

Very sweet card, thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week in my "Inspired by a Christmas Carol/Song" challenge!

Arlene said...

So cute. So glad you joined us at Morgan's ArtWorld.

susiestacey said...

Great card, thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Christmas Carol/Song' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x