Wednesday, January 10, 2018

First Valentine of 2018

     When I saw this darling little bear buried in a pile of hearts, I just had to get my first Valentine of the year done.  The image is from the monthly progressive challenge at Gerda Steiner Designs.


I used the sketch from Cheerful Sketches.


     Those two triangular strips are harder to plan than I first imagined when I looked at the sketch.  I ended up using two different types of dp, one glittered and the other with polka dots. 

     After I had already colored him with my ProMarkers, I realized he would have made a perfect little Panda but I was staying with the colors for the February Card Chain Challenge so I'll leave him as is.  Next time, I'll try him as a Panda Bear.

     After coloring, I cut the image with a die from Spellbinders, inked the edges, and added the triangles.  The sentiment was stamped and hand-cut, then layered onto the red CS strip along the bottom.  Since this one is going to get mailed halfway across the world, I left it pretty flat and CAS - no additional, bulky, embellies.

     Challenges:
A Perfect Time to Craft
Card Mania
Dream Valley
Stempelsonnen
World Wide Open

     Thanks for stopping by.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! That is an interesting sketch! Love that Gerda Steiner bear! Your card is adorable!

Angie said...

Gorgeous make, thanks for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
Angie DT

Dreja said...

Ganz fabelhaft gemacht.
Danke daß du bei der Stempelsonne mitmachst.
LG Dreja

Linda Simpson said...

This is adorable, love the cute bear.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Yes! he certainly is a darling bear, with super use of the sketch, it's all GREAT especially as it looks like lots of layers, but is quite flat as you say.
Faith
x

Margreet said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches.
xxx Margreet

Teresa Arsenault said...

Oh, this is so cute. It really made me smile. hugs, Teresa

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Back again, and again so beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

Creaine said...

Very nice. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges and Cheerful Sketches.
Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Connie xx
Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Dianne DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Lovely creation!
Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge.
Ileanaxx.