Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Butterfly Spring

     I keep running across images I'd forgotten or just haven't used in my collection of Ching-Chou Kuik images and this one just seemed to shout "Spring!"



     I colored this magnificent image with my ProMarkers and cut it with a border die from Spellbinders.  The border is also embossed.  I was so intrigued with all the circles along that border that I decided to duplicate by cutting two borders more from green and lavender CS, then adding them as layers on the card front.  The card base itself is the gold.

     I printed and hand cut the sentiment, inked the edges, and added it to the top of the image piece.  I found the burlap butterfly in my stash of die cut embellies and added it.  I felt like that was enough.  I didn't want to take away from that image.

     Challenges:
Allsorts
Card Mania
CCC Digi Creations
Dies R Us
Do Al(l) Creatives
Jo's Scrap Shack
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Pile It On

     OK, I have to go color another Ching-Chou Kuik image which I found in the collection.  I just couldn't decide between the two of them so prepared both of them for coloring and started with the one on top of the pile.  Now I need to get to the second one.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful image and card! I love the way you used that border die too. Very unique and it turned out so pretty like that. The burlap butterfly tops it off perfect.
Lynn

Darlene said...

Beautiful coloring and great design Connie! Love it! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Pastels’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Mervi said...

Lovely and girly card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge "Ladies Only".
Happy Women's Day;-))m

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card! That girl is beautiful and I love the border repeated in different colors! Great idea!

Sue Crease said...

Very pretty, love those wavy edges. Thanks for sharing over at LPCF

Terri Winske said...

What a beautifully colored image and card. Love the repeated border design! Thanks very much for joining us this week at PIP challenges!

Twingomaus said...

Very beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at the DAK Challenge.
Greetings Andrea

Alex said...

Wonderful idea how you used the border die. I love how you coloured the image - great card.
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Crafty greetings
Alex

*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#15 – Spring / Easter}
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#15 – Animals}
*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#46 – something new}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Doris Klein said...

This is very nice! I love the layers and the pretty image!

Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#15 – Spring/Easter)
*DT* Die Sketchtanten
*DT* Die Traumfabrik

Agulek said...

It's a very beautiful:)

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x

cohenna said...

cohennaMarch 3, 2018 at 3:51 PM
Beautiful card. Thanks for playing our challenge at CCC Digi Creations. Good luck!