Friday, March 2, 2018

Where is Spring?

     Happy Friday and we have another new challenge starting at QKR Stampede today.   Our themes are always "Anything Goes" and you can use any kind of image you like.  However, if you use an image from QKR, your entry is put into a special draw only for QKR (or Eureka Stamps - our sister company) and that increases your chances of winning by a lot.  :-D

     I picked a fun image called "Ant Hill" and turned it into a 'wishing for spring' card.  The expression on that ant's face looks like he missed out on the groundhog saying there would be six more weeks of winter.  lol


     The coloring was done using ProMarkers and gel ink, then I cut the image and the circle frame with stitched dies from Die-Namics.  The embossed background paper is from Doodlebug Designs.  The ribbon is layered onto gray washi tape and adhered across the top of the card.  I added two sets of 3 pearls to each end of the ribbon.  I printed and hand cut the sentiment and added one tiny pearl to it, too.  I wanted to keep the design fairly CAS because it's going to a guy who's back east in the midst of a miserably cold and nasty winter storm.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps & More
House that Stamps Built
Lemon Shortbread
Outlawz CAS
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Simon Says Stamp
Sisterhood of Crafters
TTCRD
Word Art Weds.

     That's it for today.  Hope to see you playing along with us this week.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Terri's Cards N More said...

Such a fun and beautiful card. Love the color combo and I like the ant can't wait till Spring actually arrives. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Clean and Simple" challenge.

Darlene said...

OMG this is SO cute Connie! What a fun image ... brought an immediate smile! And, I'm with him ... I thought Spring was here but woke up to 5" of snow on the ground ugh! LOL Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CAS ’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Linda Simpson said...

I love this card and that ant is so cute! My thoughts exactly where is spring? I have had enough of winter now.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Cute, cute, CUTE! Love the look on his face too. Spring is on the way but it's slow in getting here! Love your card Connie.
Lynn

Esther Asbury said...

Your fun card makes me smile! So happy you linked this up to The House That Stamps Built.

Bobby said...

I'm all for Spring, Connie. This image is so cute and I love the embossed paper. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Birdie said...

I feel that ant's pain! Love the CAS look, and the background really adds to the snow feel.Thanks for stopping by the PIP challenge this week and letting us enjoy your creation.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! what a chuckle this gave me, love the embossing and that image is super popping out from a snow hill.
Faith
x

cm said...

I can definitely relate to how the ant feels; I, too, am ready for spring! Such fun; so clever! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Addicted to Stamps and More gallery.
~carol

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

Oh too cute! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters CAS challenge and I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful cards soon! Hugs Gwendolyn

Mandy said...

Wonderful CAS card Connie! The image is super cute and I love the embossed paper.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Dotstolines said...

Wonderful CAS Card! Thanks for playing with us at Through The Craftroom Door ATG Challenge! Looking forward to seeing you again next time and good luck!
Regards,
Sunila & Aditi- DT
Dots to Lines
https://dotstolinesblog.wordpress.com/

Heather said...

Ha, how fun!! The image combined with the sentiment just cracks me up! And the all white background adds to the feeling of a lot of snow. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Ginny Maxam said...

This card is socute,I am saying where is spring too! I love your colors and coloring! Thank you for joining In the Word Art Wednesday fun! Ginny M DT