Monday, April 2, 2018

Daddy's Boots

     Each year I make Father's Day cards for all the guys in the family (son, SIL, Grandson, etc.) since I don't get to make one for my own dear papa anymore.  :-D  When I saw this pair of boots over at Beccy's Place, I knew they would make a fantastic Father's Day card for a young man to give to his father.  Yes, I also make cards for the grandkids to give to their dads.  :-D


I started by choosing one of the sketches
(#506) over at Sketch Saturday
but I flipped it top to bottom and side to side.

     I colored the boots with my ProMarkers, then die cut them with a die from the Spellbinders Romantic Roses set.  The die was actually larger than I needed for the image, so I cut once, then moved the die and cut a second time, getting the size I wanted.

     I used red CS, textured with my "Linen" embossing folder, to make the card front, and layered the image onto it.  I wrapped red and white baker's twine around and tied it into a double knot.  I wanted to keep it simple since it a card for a guy so the twine was the only embellishment.

     Challenges:
A Bit More Time to Craft
Crafts Galore Encore
Die Cuttin' Divas
Dies R Us
Hiding in My Craft Room
Jo's Scrap Shack
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Send a Smile 4 Kids

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

I love this very much Connie, those boots remind me of when I was a child and always used to walk in my Dad's army boots :). Thank you for sharing!
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

These remind me of my dad's boots! Lots of memories there. This is a great idea for you to give cards to the grands to give to their dads! Love your card.
Lynn

Diane said...

Fabulous Father's Day card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Sandy Palmer said...

Love those boots! I am sure these cards are appreciated! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!
Sandy DT

Michelle N. said...

I remember when all Dads wore boots! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's this month!

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a brilliant card. Thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog for the current challenge which is always Anything Goes. The sponsor is Star in My Pocket/ Star Stampz. Hugs Jackie DT

Darlene said...

What a fabulous stamp and great design Connie! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes DRU’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Arlene said...

Those boots look real. Your coloring is perfect. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Heather said...

Ooo . . . those ARE some fabulous boots! Definitely perfect for Father's Day. Great idea for sizing the die cut, I do that, too, every once in a while. Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Becca Sadler said...

Great guys theme card! And so sweet to help teach grandchildren to communicate with cards! Thanks for sharing at HIMCR! Becca~DT

Lori Kobular said...

Awesome man card! Love those well worn boots!

Birgit said...

What a wonderful, masculine card this is! So thoughtful of you to make cards for the kids to give to their parents. That's LOVE! I'm so glad you linked up with the DRU Anything Goes Challenge. Best of luck to you!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A SUPER pair of boots these Connie and how wonderful you have making all those cards. AND the kids don't have to go buy them LOL.
Love the card.
Faith
x

Kathy Krug said...

Great guy card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
Kathy
DRU DT

Unknown said...

I love the way you turned the sketch upside down! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday!

Beccy said...

I love this NC, the sweet sentiment is really wonderful. I think it's a lovely tradition to make cards for all the men in your family, and even for the kids to give to their Dads. I imagine they are all very grateful that you do.
Cheers,
Beccy

Mary C said...

Your card is beautiful. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge this month.